About Commissioning & Culture
Director, Commissioning and Culture is responsible for Strategic planning and delivery of the following service areas:
- Arts and Culture, including the schools’ music and arts education service
- Sports and Physical Activity
- Children’s Commissioning
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Contract Services
Strategy, Policy & Improvement
What is commissioning?
Commissioning is a way of working and thinking in Tower Hamlets that:
- Appreciates and identifies the lived experiences, strengths and needs of residents and communities, in ways that engage local people
- Uses evidence and insight to design solutions that improve outcomes, achieving maximum impact and securing value for money
- Shapes system resources to deliver diversity, choice and innovation
- Procure and delivers services, assets and interventions with providers that support resilient communities and a sustainable place.
- Evaluates performance in the context of Tower Hamlets’ outcomes, ensuring relentless focus on improving our place
Read more about Tower Hamlets Commissioning Principles